It’s that time of year, the very time I’ve been waiting for! I know you can’t erase the past, and to be honest, I don’t want too. But, I do enjoy moving forward. My kids are getting older, and while I’ll miss the baby cuddles, their personalities are shining so brightly. My marriage with my husband is a bit better, and I have high hopes and lots of faith that with the coming year, we’ll get to exactly where we need to be; both professionally and personally in our marriage and everyday lives. With that said, let’s check out some 2018 goals that I have made and plan to kick-ass completing.
KT’s 2018 goals: (not resolutions, only losers make those………I’M KIDDING!!!).
- Publish: That’s right, dammit! I WILL be publishing this year. Down to Sleep will be released on April 17th, 2018. That’s my 35th birthday, and it’s high time shit starts happening for me. I have a tight, but a fun schedule that will surely put me on the right track. Soon, I will begin working with Vania, one of my dear writing friends, on a new chat series. (MORE TO COME). Even better news? Down to Sleep is getting a SEQUEL! I begin writing *surprise title* book 2 in February while my Editor is nurturing Down to Sleep. EEEEK! Squeal with me.
- Kiss Virginia Goodbye: If you know me, you know I HATE this state. No offense to all you, “Virginia is for Lovers,” but I detest this place. We are up for military orders to Hawaii in 2018, and I’m praying they’ll pull through. Hell, even if we get sent over state lines by a mile, I’ll be happy. Just so many terrible things happened here, and while we can’t erase our past, we can move far from the things that remind us so vividly of the horror.
- Eliminate The Negative: SO. MUCH. NEGATIVE. This has been a theme this year. Between the government, personal life, and professional stuff, I’m just tired of it. I’m tired of listening to people bitch and moan about how terrible life is ALL. THE. TIME. I get some aspects of life suck; I understand depression just as well as the next person–having lived through it, but holy hell! When will we stop the negative and learn to move forward and make CHANGE! I’m guilty of this too, so don’t think I’m jumping on you lovely readers. But, do you get where I’m coming from? When is enough, enough?
- Get My Body Back: I know this is what EVERYONE says on their “resolutions” <—said with air quotes and a snarky tone. However, I need this for myself. My husband says I look great, others have hit on me, my friends say I look good and lie to my face when they say I look great (okay, maybe they are honest, but I don’t feel like I should). I know that no one should be a size 0, hell, I’d settle for a size six without the muffin top and arm bags. January it all begins.
- One Book, Two Books, Three Books?: That’s right. On top of Down to Sleep getting a sequel, I’ll be adding a new stand-alone book by Dec 2018. What a way to finish the remarkable year ahead, right?
Anyway, that’s the jist of my goals for the year. What are yours? Among the tragedy that our country is becoming, where will 2018 take you?