I can’t believe after the night I’ve had, that I’m even awake and writing this blog post right now. But, I am. It’s December 1st and time doesn’t stop for those who need sleep. Also, I’m a mom so, well…yeah.
The end of 2017 is near which means it’s time to reflect on the goals ahead. I’m super excited for this month because sometime in the next few weeks, I’ll be seeing my husband again after eight months of being apart. Have I said lately how much deployments suck!? This deployment has been the longest one yet…and we’ve done four total together. But, let’s not dwell on that, as there’s so much to do and I’m too tired right now to make that list. With that said, here are my goals for December. I encourage you to create your own goals for this month…and god Gosh sakes, ENJOY DECEMBER BECAUSE IT’S FREAKIN DECEMBER.
KT’S DECEMBER GOALS:
- Let Down To Sleep Rest For Two Weeks: If you don’t happen to follow me on Twitter, Instagram, or aren’t a part of my text crew, then it’s likely that you haven’t heard the news. I FINISHED THE FINAL DRAFT OF DOWN TO SLEEP, my debut novel. So, to not get tired of my characters, I’m doing what all writers should do, let it marinate.
- Read, Read, and Read Some More: I have so many books on my TBR (To Be Read) list that it’s insane. I also have authors giving me books for free, and they aren’t trash. Many books I’ve gotten from my fellow writers are so beautiful; they make me doubt myself sometimes. But, they also and then they encourage me. So, I’m going to take December and catch up on some pleasure reading.
- Welcome, My Hubby Home: After eight long months of deployment, our family will reunite. I’ll be on social media a little less, but he still has to work so I’ll hop on and catch up with everyone for a few minutes each day. We have an out of town vacation coming up for the New Year, and other exciting activities planned. Most importantly to our 7-year-old? Going to The Yankee Candle Store, making wax hands with daddy, and eating at Texas (what she calls Texas Roadhouse). We are so excited!!!
- Editing Business: I’ve recently opened up the editing services on my website again to those indie authors seeking affordable, but sound editing. I have one client in the works now and plan to begin working on book 2 in his trilogy on December 2nd, 2017. I’m excited to give back and earn a little bit of gas money along the way. Ha!
- Family Time: Writing a book is hard, ya’ll. And the ones who suffer are the kids. If you’re a mom/dad, you’ll know what I mean. You try to be a good parent and only write when the kids are sleeping. But, sometimes when the kids are sleeping you’re trying to rest yourself. Where do you find the balance? November was a massive writing month for me. While I didn’t participate in NaNoWriMo, I did assist others with sprints and focused on my debut novel a lot harder than usual. My kids endured the late nights (waiting for me to put them to bed), the lack of extra cuddles, and mood swings when Mama got hangry, and there wasn’t a snack she could eat in the house. So, this month I’m going to focus on the family a bit more. Outings, coloring, hide and seek. You name it, and we’ll likely be doing it.
- Dental Work: Yup, STILL dealing with this mess. But, December will put an end to the dental work, and by New Years, I’ll be able to smile at my husband as we kiss into the start of a brand new year.
What are your goals this month? How do you plan to tackle everything on your plate AND survive the holidays? Comment below, I LOVE to see your responses!
Happy December Everyone!